Things You May or May Not Find Interesting

Monday, October 30, 2006

Tesla Roadster

Okay this car is just crazy, I'm definitely gonna get one when they're available here (in New Zealand) I don't care if I have to sell bodyparts on the black market which doesn't really exist in NZ but a trip to somewhere that does may be in order.

It's a completely electric car, so in other words much less pollution than hybrids. It can accelerate 0-60mph (100kph) in under 4 seconds, which makes the acceleration faster than a Lamborghini Murcielago. It takes under 4 hours to do a complete charge (charges like a cellphone overnight). Looks awesome. Top speed of over 130mph. Constant acceleration (no clutch and only 2 forward gears)

Not to mention just all these little things, I'm blown away. They're not paying me anything to write this, I'm just so impressed that I'm going to go on and on about all the cool things about this car and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Except stop reading I guess but that still won't stop me writing it. Bring down The Man and all that. Speaking of which I'm about to tell you about all the cool things The Man gives you for driving one, like incentives from your power company, single-occupancy access to all carpool lanes, income tax credit, exemption from luxury car tax even though it's a luxury car, free parking and charging at LAX and/or no parking meter fees in an increasing number of major metropolitan areas.

It does around 250 miles between each charge, which is of course more than enough, and much more than other electric cars. The car comes with a portable charger too which plugs into any power plug, so if you need to travel a long way you can charge while you rest. Oh aaaand *deep breath* it has... Okay I think I'll do bulletpoints mofos again:

  • Click here to see the motor torque curve comparisons
  • Click here to see the efficiency vs. performance graph
  • Comes with an MP3 stereo with a built in interface for iPods
  • Just in front of the gearstick are controls for the seat heaters and the instant-on cabin heating and cooling system.
  • Security system with a customized PIN, it won't start without it. There's no way to hot-wire the car.
  • Built-in valet-mode. With this turned on, the security system limits the car's acceleration, range and speed.
  • Windshield with SPF 42/7, which completely blocks UV rays and reduces infrared rays (heat) by more than 30%, making the temperature easy to control.
  • I'm just pretty much copy-pasting from the site so just go to it http://www.teslamotors.com/

Blogged with Flock

3 Comments:

  • Holy minoli....sell enough body parts for me too (they don't want my body parts, they say they're too old) Sweet ride...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 02 November, 2006  

  • Haha I guess I can spare a few limbs, I mean it is for a good cause. I'm just not sure whether that cause is driving in style or a cleaner greener world :p Hopefully both

    By Blogger SubJunk, at Thursday, 02 November, 2006  

  • So why is it called The Tesla Roadster? Is it after the Nikola Tesla? The inventor of AC electricity? I see this was quite awhile ago that you posted this, so you might not see my comment, if you do PM me a pic of the car on scam.com(same username)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, 28 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home